Meet Your Dekalb Orthodontist
Dr. Peter Barysenka is originally from Belarus and moved to the United States at the age of 23. He completed dental school at the University of California, Los Angeles– one of the best and most competitive programs in the U.S.–and finished his orthodontic residency at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
He settled in the Midwest after meeting his wife in Chicago during residency. After practicing in Chicago for 4 years, he recently moved to Kane County and is excited to be a part of the community. Dr. Barysenka and his wife, Sarah Duchaj, are new parents to their daughter. She already has two new best friends — the family’s Rottweilers.
Why an Orthodontist in Dekalb?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Barysenka continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Barysenka has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Dekalb Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Dekalb orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Dekalb orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Sycamore Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Dekalb area.