Meet Dr. Sarah
Dr. Sarah’s interest in the field of Pediatric Dentistry is ultimately driven by her passion for providing quality care for patients who require compassion, patience, and a special kind of attention and care. She enjoys working with children, their families, and has a passion for serving patients with special needs. Her practice philosophies encompass a team approach to caries prevention and comprehensive care that is individualized to each patient.
Dr. Sarah looks forward to working closely with you and your family as your child’s oral healthcare advocate, educator, and provider!
Dr. Sarah was born and raised in the Northwest suburbs of Illinois. She earned her degree in Molecular and Cellular Biology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and attended the University of Illinois at Chicago where she earned the title of Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD). Dr. Sarah then completed her residency training through Northwestern at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, where she received extensive training in all aspects of Pediatric Dentistry including full mouth rehabilitation, sedation, general anesthesia, and caring for patients with complex medical backgrounds.
Dr. Sarah currently lives in the Kane County area with her husband, Dr. Barysenka, and their daughter. She enjoys traveling with her family, reading books and singing to her daughter, spending time with her two dogs at home, and exploring the outdoors.
- Specialty Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry, Northwestern / Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Doctor of Dental Medicine, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Bachelor of Science, Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Dr. Sarah is a member of:
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- Illinois Society of Pediatric Dentists
- Illinois State Dental Society